Last Thursday we had our last meetup session before summer break facilitated by Cheri McLeod. Cheri led us through a great LS String to get us thinking about work with LS and where we might want to move as a practice group in the future. The purpose of our sessions was “Foster connection and Explore future possibilities”.
The meetup started with us in pairs a la Impromptu Networking [new tab] with an Appreciative Interviews [new tab] invitation: Tell us about Liberating Structures that you have used successfully, the experience and what you learned.
We then moved to working in 1-2-4 All [new tab] for the task of identifying individuals and groups we currently work with/know and then those we would like to connect with or learn more about (or possibly collaborate with) which is documented this Google document. [new tab] We then moved through a W3 [new tab] to reflect on What we have currently as a user group…What it means for us in this time/space and to consider our Now what going into the future.
To wrap-up the meetup, Cheri Invited us to do a “Chatterfall” [new tab] also known as (Mad Tea Chat or Waterfall chat )on the question “This is the last LS CoP meeting before summer and a good time to consider how we feel about LS and what we would like to see going forward, our why and our Now What?:
- LS can change the world for the better. That’s why 🙂
- LS can help us improve our experiences and those of others and getter better results at the same time
- A place for people to build confidence using these lovely structures
- WE need more than ever to be MORE inclusive and MORE engaging. LS can help.
- How to expand the use and recognition of value of LS
- Boring, death-by Powerpoint, control driven meetings are still happening – LS can transform that!
- LS cuts through “status meetings” and helps people days and lives be better, clear, simpler
- Let’s be a safe comfortable place to provide to sandbox, play, support, and practice distributed leadership
- Future idea…doing a session on eval adaptations.
- Explore a collaboration with the Victoria LS group to see if we can co-facilitate or collaborate
- Let’s practice how to send and bring back people from breakouts!
- Explore collaboration with other users groups. Join other users groups
Then we danced out to Pharrell Williams singing “Happy “ [new tab].
What a fun and positive way to end a session and another season of Vancouver LS meetups!
Great session Cheri! We now invite everyone to add your ideas to the Google document [new tab] on future individuals, groups to connect with or things you’d like to do and help with. Remember your energy is what will keep our practice group vibrant, growing and going! Have a safe and happy summer! See you in the Fall.
Leva and Barish